Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

New Bike Day - Alchemy Ronin Titanium

Birds flying high, you know how I feel

Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel
It's a new dawn, it's a new day
It's a new life, for me
And I'm feeling good
Feeling Good, Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newly (1964)


Alchemy Ronin at home on dirt at Green Mountain Open Space Park in Jefferson County, Colorado.

After picking up my new Ronin Titanium gravel bike at Alchemy Bikes last Wednesday, I started pedaling on my first ride at about 11:00 am and didn't stop until almost 6:30 pm. Wow. What a ride. 

I flew along the Cherry Creek, South Platte and Bear Creek Trail bike paths to eventually reach the single track at Bear Creek Lake Park near Morrison. Those bike path miles were fun and fast, but the Ronin really came alive on the skinny dirt roads that park calls trails. Spot on fit, precise handling, silky smooth ride. Awesome sauce.

The next day I rode another two hours up and around Green Mountain Open Space Park in Jefferson County. Those skinny dirt roads were generally rougher, rockier, and steeper than Bear Creek Lake, but certainly nothing that the Ronin didn't handle with ease.

This is going to be fun. I can't wait to get it out on Black Hills forest dirt and Badlands gravel.

I will post more details and impressions as I ride this beauty, but for now, here are a few pictures and the specifications.

Working in my bike during Alchemy's company move, Bryce adjusts my saddle precisely to design.

On my first ride, I reach dirt at Bear Creek Lake Park after a 20+ mile bike path shake down.

Alchemy Ronin rocks Green Mountain Open Space Park on my second day's ride.

The Green Mountain Tail is about to turn steeper and looser. No problem.

Here are the specifications of my Alchemy Ronin Titanium gravel bike.

Frame Set
Frame - Alchemy Titanium, custom fit, geometry & tube shaping
Fork - Alchemy Carbon Fork
Headset - Cane Creek 40 Series, 41/52
Finish - Custom Cerakote, with clear coat titanium rear triangle

Seat
Saddle - Selle Italia Flite Flow Titanium
Seat Post - Alchemy Carbon Seat Post 31.6 mm, 0 degree offset
Seat Post Clamp - Alchemy Seat Post Clamp 31.6 mm

Rear Wheel
Hub - Industry 9 Torch Road Alloy Centerlock
Rim - Industry 9 Ultralite 250 Carbon TRA
Tire - WTB Byway 44 mm
Tubeless - Stan's

Front Wheel
Hub - Industry 9 Torch Road Alloy Centerlock
Rim - Industry 9 Ultralite 250 Carbon TRA
Tire - WTB Byway 44 mm
Tubeless - Stan's

Stem/Bar
Stem - Alchemy Carbon Stem 100mm
Spacers - 20 mm bottom, 10 mm upper
Handlebar - Whiskey No. 9 24F Carbon Drop Bar, 44 cm
Tape - Alchemy Tacky Black

Brakes
Front Brake - Shimano GRX Hydraulic BR-RX810-F
Rear Brake - Shimano GRX Hydraulic BR-RX810-R
Brake Levers - Shimano GRX Di2 Dual Control, ST-RX815-L
Brake Rotors - Shimano GRX Centerlock SM-RT800, 160 mm/140 mm

Drivetrain
Crankset - Shimano GRX FC-RX810-2, 170 mm, 31-48
Bottom Bracket - Shimano Ultegra Threaded, SM-BBR60
Cassette - Shimano GRX CS-HG800-11, 11x34 11 speed
Front Derailleur - Shimano GRX Di2 FD-RX815-F
Rear Derailleur - Shimano GRX Di2 RD-RX817
Shift Levers - Shimano GRX Di2, ST-RX815-L
Chain - Shimano CN-HG701-11
Chain Stay Protector - NA, clear coated titanium
Pedals - Time ATAC XC 8

Accessories
Bottle Cages - Alchemy Carbon Water Bottle Cage, x3
Top Tube Pack - Revelate Designs Mag-Tank bolt on
Saddle Pack - Revelate Designs Shrew
Frame Pack - Revelate Designs Tangle



Feeling Good, Michael Buble (2005)



No comments:

Post a Comment